The 2-2 draw between Chelsea and Liverpool was arguably the best game of the Premier League season to date – and Blues boss Thomas Tuchel lived every single second of it.
Tuchel made headlines before Sunday’s match with his decision to drop Romelu Lukaku from the matchday squad after the striker gave an explosive interview to Sky Italia in December.
And the Champions League-winning manager was incensed when Sadio Mane was not sent off for a first-minute elbow on Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta.
Tuchel’s frustrations continued to simmer nicely as Chelsea squandered chances and allowed Liverpool to take a two-goal lead
But salvation appeared in the form of Mateo Kovacic’s stunning volley from the edge of the penalty area – at least, until VAR began to check whether the goal should stand.
Standing on the touchline, Tuchel was furious at the review and his reaction was captured by an enterprising fan in the crowd.
Chelsea levelled before the interval but couldn’t find a second-half winner. They are now 10 points behind Manchester City and the title looks a forlorn dream, even at this early stage of the season
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel was clearly furious as he ranted on the touch line while VAR checked Mateo Kovacic’s goal against Liverpool in yesterday’s Premier League clash.
The Croatia international scored an absolute screamer of a volley against the Reds as Chelsea got themselves back in the game, with that goal making it 2-1 after the visitors had taken a 2-0 lead.
Still, Tuchel was really wound up by the fact that VAR felt they had to double check the Kovacic goal was okay to stand, with the German tactician seemingly saying that him and his staff should just go home in this video clip below…
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move
- Antonio Rudiger makes big Chelsea contract admission after becoming a man at Stamford Bridge
- Why Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea Career Could End Just Like Frank Lampard’s