Fulham vs Brentford
English Premier League
Date: 20 August 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET
Venue: Craven Cottage (London).
Fulham are unbeaten after the opening two rounds of the 2022/23 Premier League campaign.
This is a huge achievement for Portuguese manager Marco Silva since his men have played the likes of Liverpool (at home) and Wolves (on the road) in the process.
The Cottagers collected a point apiece from each of the opening two ties although they could have easily claimed the spoils in both.
They had an advantage on two separate occasions against Liverpool on the opening day, conceding a late equalizer by Mohamed Salah at Craven Cottage.
Aleksandar Mitrovic, who notched a brace against the Reds in Gameweek 1, then failed to convert the penalty-kick in the clash against Wolves last weekend.
Nonetheless, Fulham will be looking to maintain the unbeaten thread on Saturday afternoon when they play host to Brentford in an exciting third-round fixture in London.
The Bees will enter the tie in the highest of spirits after bagging four unanswered goals past Manchester United seven days ago.
They have also added two goals in the first-round’s 2-2 draw at Leicester which is also a very promising kick-off to the new season for Thomas Frank and his troops.
Although we saw no goals in Fulham’s previous match against Wolves, it was indeed an open affair in which both outfits missed numerous clear-cut chances, including Mitrovic’s penalty-kick.
Knowing about Brentford’s impressive offensive form at the beginning of the season, we would not be surprised to see goals here.
Fulham vs Brentford Head-to-head
- The two teams last met each other two years ago in the League Cup when Brentford advanced with a 3-0 victory on the home patch.
- These two likes also battled it out in the playoffs final in the Championship back in August 2020 when Fulham won 2-1 after extra-time at Wembley Stadium.
- Interestingly, Fulham are winless in seven home outings with the Bees, five of which ended in draws.
Fulham vs Brentford Prediction
We believe it will be very hard to separate these two teams according to their performances in the earliest stages of the season.
The draw is the most likable of the three scenarios in our eyes and you can back it at the odds of 3.40. Alternatively, the Both Teams To Score bet is priced at the 1.90 odds.
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City