FC Porto vs AC Milan
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Estádio do Dragão.
AC Milan will travel to Portugal as they take on Porto for the first time in 18 years, in matchday 3 of the Champions League this Tuesday at the Estádio do Dragão. Both teams will look to register their first win of the campaign, in an evenly poised match.
FC Porto vs AC Milan Head-to-head
- Their last encounter came at the UEFA Super Cup in 2003, which ended as a 1-0 loss for Porto.
- The teams have met each other 9 times in UEFA competitions in which AC Milan has won 4 matches and has lost twice.
- Only 2 of their 9 matches have involved more than 2 goals, while 6 matches saw less than 1.5 goals.
- Blue and Whites have not won at home against this foe and have scored just once in 4 games.
FC Porto vs AC Milan Prediction & Analysis
Porto was last seen in the Taça de Portugal where they smashed Portuguese 3rd division side Sintrense 5-0. Prior to the international break, after they suffered a 5-1 loss against Liverpool in the UCL they overcame Paços de Ferreira in the Primeira Liga.
Apart from the defeat at the hands of Liverpool, Porto has been on a nice run of games, having won 4 of their last 5 games. In the last 5 league games, they have managed 13 points, dropping points only to champions Sporting Lisbon.
With 6 wins and 2 draws coming in their last 8 league outings, they are sitting in the second position in the league with 17 points as the only undefeated team in the league just a point off league leaders Benfica. In the UCL with just 1 point, they sit in 3rd position in the group with just their draw against Atletico Madrid to show for.
AC Milan was last seen in a 5 goal thriller against Verona, where they came away with a 3-2 win. In their last UCL match which came against Atletico Madrid, Franck Kessié was sent off in the 28th minute however, they held onto their early lead for nearly an hour, before conceding an equaliser and the winner in the closing moments.
The Rossoneri has won 4 of their last 5 league games, adding 13 points to their tally from those fixtures, the only occasion where they dropped points was against Juventus in a 1-1 draw away from home.
With 7 wins and a draw, the Devils are sitting undefeated on top of Serie A with 23 points to their tally. However, in the Champions League, they are yet to register a win and are sitting rock bottom in Group B.
Despite being on a dominant run in the Serie A, Rossoneri has not been able to perform at the same level in their first UCL campaign in 7 years, with several injuries and the suspension of Kessié, a weakened squad will find it difficult to bag all 3 points this Tuesday.
The Dragons have been brilliant in domestic competitions and performed well in their draw against Rojiblancos away from home but were destroyed against an incredible Liverpool side at home. We do see them managing at least a point at home this Tuesday.
We are expecting the spoils to be shared between the 2 teams, in a contest that should see goals from both sides.
Key Stats for Betting
- Porto’s only loss in their last 25 outings came against Liverpool on matchday 2 of this campaign.
- AC Milan is undefeated in their last 13 league matches.
- The Devils have scored at least once in their last 11 fixtures across all competitions.
- Blue and Whites have scored in 21 consecutive league games.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation