Everton vs West Ham
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 17 October 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Goodison Park.
Both Everton and West Ham had started their respective 2021-22 campaigns on great notes, but have entered a period of lull at the moment. They need a quick return to form, and it goes without saying that we are about to witness a fierce encounter this weekend at the Goodison Park. Expect goals from either side of the pitch.
Everton vs West Ham Head-to-head
- Four of the former eight clashes had goals from both teams.
- At this venue, the hosts had failed to score just once since 2003.
- However, the latest encounter at this stadium had ended in a 0-1 win for the guests.
Everton vs West Ham Prediction & Analysis
Everton were held to a 1-1 draw on the road the last match-day, by Manchester United. However, only once have they lost in 2021-22 in all competitions, and they had scored two or more goals in seven of their preceding nine fixtures.
Impressively, they are on a six-game winning streak at home, and had scored two or more goals in all of their home games this season.
On the other hand, West Ham lost 1-2 at home against Brentford. Note that it was only their second loss in a very long period.
In fact, since May of 2021, their only other defeat had come against Manchester United, and they had scored two or more goals in 13 of their past 19 match-ups.
Moreover, they are also on an unbeaten run on the road since April, and had scored two or more goals in 11 of their previous 16 away games.
Finally, goals have also come in high frequency in h2h meetings over the years.
For all these reasons, expect a high-scoring affair this Sunday at the Goodison Park.
Key Stats for Betting
- Seven of the past ten games for Everton had three or more goals.
- They had scored two or more goals in every single home appearance this new season, and the last they failed to find the back of the net at home was back in March.
- Six of the past ten meetings for West Ham had three or more goals, and only once have they failed to score a goal since May.
- They had scored twice or more in all of their league games this season on the road
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker
- 6 Players That Could Leave Chelsea After Romelu Lukaku’s £8m Loan Move To Inter