Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 19 February 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Selhurst Park.
The Blues are back in England after lifting the Club World Cup, and they definitely would want to make this upcoming game a spectacle. They had dropped some points lately, and the team also would love to make amends, and get back in the race for a top-two finish.
At present, they are placed third in the table, trailing seven points below the second-placed Liverpool. And they also need to be wary about the threat of the fourth-placed Manchester United catching up.
This weekend, they are taking a trip to the Selhurst Park, to take on the struggling Crystal Palace. Not only are this team on a long winless run, but they are also conceding goals in huge numbers.
Moreover, they have a poor h2h record against this rival, and judging all these factors, expect a win for Chelsea this Saturday.
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- Tuchel’s men are on an eight-fixture winning streak.
- They had scored a total of 14 goals from the past four clashes.
- It’s been five years since the hosts have won at this stadium.
- The latest match-up at this ground had ended in a 1-4 win for the guests.
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Crystal Palace were held to a 0-0 draw the last match-day by the newly-promoted Brentford.
They were winless in 11 of their past 15 overall games, and of the four wins they secured during this stretch, two had come against teams from lower divisions, and one another victory had come against the relegation-threatened Norwich.
On the other hand, the Blues had registered a 2-0 win against Tottenham, and they are also on a four-game winning streak in all competitions at the moment.
They were also unbeaten in 28 of their past 30 overall match-ups, and most importantly, they have a dominant h2h record against this rival over the years.
Judging these observations, expect a win for Chelsea this weekend at the Selhurst Park.
Key Stats for Betting
- Thomas Tuchel’s men have lost just thrice this season in the PL, and two of these defeats had come against defending champions Manchester City.
- Only Wolves and City have conceded fewer goals than them during the course of the campaign.
- Meanwhile, Palace are one of the few teams to have remained winless in the past five fixtures in the league.
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move
- Antonio Rudiger makes big Chelsea contract admission after becoming a man at Stamford Bridge
- Why Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea Career Could End Just Like Frank Lampard’s