Club Brugge vs Manchester City
Europe – Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Jan Breydel Stadion.
Group A is possibly the toughest in the Champions League this time around, and as expected, the standings appear to be complicated. Manchester City will have to go for a huge win this Tuesday against Club Brugge, if they are not to invite unwanted pressure onto them. And they definitely are capable to secure the needed three points as well.
Club Brugge vs Manchester City Head-to-head
- These two teams are about to lock horns for the first time.
- But the Citizens have a 100% winning record against other Belgian opponents, and have scored two or more goals in all but one of those fixtures.
- In the meantime, Brugge are on a 12-match winless run against English foes, and six of these were losses.
Club Brugge vs Manchester City Prediction & Analysis
Club Brugge had managed a 1-2 win on the road the last match-day, against Leipzig. However, they have been struggling a bit with consistency lately. Especially at home, their only wins in 2021-22 have come against considerably weaker squads, and they seldom have kept clean sheets here as well.
On the other hand, PSG might have lost 2-0 on the road against PSG in their latest CL fixture, but Pep’s men were definitely the better team on the pitch.
Had they been a bit more clinical in front of the goal, it should have been an embarrassing scoreline for the French titans.
Anyhow, the Citizens realize that a win is mandatory this Tuesday if they are to comfortably make it to the next round.
They will surely opt for attacking football right from the get-go, and they certainly do have the needed superiority in talent and experience to post a convincing scorecard in their favor.
Key Stats for Betting
- Despite being in the same group as offensive monsters like PSG, and Leipzig, Pep Guardiola’s men have scored the most number of goals of the four teams.
- They are currently placed second in the English top flight, and have scored the most number of goals there, disregarding just Liverpool.
- Their only defeat in the last ten match-days in all competitions had come against PSG, and they had scored twice or more in 21 of their past 31 games.
- Meanwhile, Club Brugge were winless in four of their past eight fixtures, and they had remained so in four of their last seven appearances at home.
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.