Chelsea vs West Ham
English Premier League
Date: 3 September 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge (London).
Stakes will be high for both Chelsea and West Ham head of their London derby on Saturday afternoon at Stamford Bridge.
Both outfits are going through an underwhelming start to the season and a result in their head to head clash would be of a big importance.
Chelsea won just one of the last four league games despite playing the likes of Leeds, Leicester, and Southampton in the last three along the way.
Thomas Tuchel has huge problems with injuries to his midfield core as both Mateo Kovacic and Ngolo Kante have missed the last several outings.
The lack of proper options in the defensive midfield spot has caused more issues in defense where Kalidou Koulibaly has failed to bed in at the start of the season.
Chelsea are conceding goals for fun these days. They allowed two or more in three of the last four Premier League outings.
This will be the music to the ears of David Moyes whose men have finally shown signs of life in the mid-week’s London derby against Tottenham.
West Ham could have easily snatched the late winner had Michail Antonio tapped in Jarrod Bowen’s cross on Wednesday night.
Nonetheless, even the 1-1 draw against Antonio Conte’s Spurs can be regarded as a positive result for West Ham who have been unrecognizably bad in the opening four rounds of the season.
Can they back it up on Saturday at Stamford Bridge?
Chelsea vs West Ham Head-to-head
- Chelsea will come into this on the back of three wins in the last four games against the Hammers.
- Chelsea won 28, drew 12, and lost 12 of the previous 52 home matches against West Ham.
- The home teams have scored at least three goals in three of the last five head to head outings.
Chelsea vs West Ham Prediction
Chelsea are struggling defensively these days and we should not be surprised to see the Hammers on the scoreline on Saturday.
The Over 2.5 goals FT is our main pick at the 1.72 odds, while you can also try with Chelsea to Win & Both Teams To Score bet at the 3.20 odds
- Chelsea and Barcelona female footballers who could play for the Super Falcons
- Watch Arsenal vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #ARSTOT #EPL
- Reactions As Chelsea Shares Photos Of Their Training Session Ahead Of Crystal Palace Game
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.