Chelsea vs Malmo
UEFA Champions League
Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea rebounded from back-to-back 0-1 defeats to Manchester City and Juventus by beating Southampton and Brentford in the last two Premier League affairs. The home win to nil seems to be the way to go here.
Chelsea vs Malmo Head-to-head
- Chelsea and Malmo played each other in the last 32 round of the UEFA Europa League two years ago.
- The Blues from London advanced 5-1 on aggregate after beating Malmo both home and away.
- The clash at Stamford Bridge ended in Chelsea’s 3-0 victory, a scenario we kind of expect to repeat this time around.
Chelsea vs Malmo Predictions & Analysis
Chelsea will be looking to bounce back from the 1-0 defeat at Juventus on Wednesday evening when they play host to Group H underdogs Malmo.
The reigning champions have three points from the opening two rounds and are heavy favorites to claim a maximum of six points in the upcoming double-header against the Swedish champions.
Thomas Tuchel’s troops have been very tough to break down since the beginning of the season across competitions, despite playing the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City in the early phases of the Premier League campaign.
They are here up against a side that are not used to the elite competition football. Malmo are yet to score in this term of the Champions League.
The Swedes suffered back-to-back tough defeats to Juventus and Zenit, conceding as many as seven unanswered goals in the process.
They have done well in Swedish Cup and Allsvenskan lately but the wins over lower-division Onsala and struggling Ostersunds will count for little when they come face to face with the European champions here at Stamford Bridge.
Key Stats for Betting
- Chelsea won six, drew one, and lost one of eight Premier League outings and they have conceded only three goals in the process.
- They also shipped just one goal in two Champions League games against Zenit and Juventus.
- Malmo lost both Champions League affairs without scoring a single goal in the process.
- They have allowed seven goals along the way
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.