Chelsea vs Leicester
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 27 August 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
Both Chelsea and Leicester are previous champions of the English top flight but lately they have been unable to show any kind of dominance in the competition. Even in this new campaign they have delivered performances as if they are part of the bottom-tier of the league table.
Disregarding a narrow win in their opener the Blues have remained winless so far and in their latest fixture they were thoroughly beaten by Leeds as well. Thomas Tuchel’s men had great hopes coming into this new campaign but right away they have been grounded with tough reality checks.
It goes without saying that they are desperate to make amends and will be eager to shut the mouth of their critics.
As such they will be looking for a huge win this weekend and they will in all likelihood target the struggling Foxes.
Meanwhile Leicester have easily been one of the worst teams in the English top flight this season. Not only are they completely winless but they have a 100 percentage losing record disregarding a single draw.
Do also note that they had let in the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition so far as well.
As things stand, they do not have anything to lose and they will likely play with a sense of urgency and desperation.
By the looks of things, it seems that this is a perfect recipe for a goal-fest. And it is our pick for the day as well.
Chelsea vs Leicester Head-to-head (h2h)
- 2 of the past 3 encounters had goals from both teams.
- The latest meeting had finished in a 1-1 draw.
- 3 of the past 4 clashes at this ground had goals from both teams.
- The last 2 overall wins at this stadium were split into one each for either squad.
Chelsea vs Leicester Prediction & Analysis
The Blues are winless in their last 2 games and they had let in a total of 5 goals in the process. Moreover, they were winless in 4 of their past 5 appearances in front of their home crowd and all along they had let in goals in huge numbers.
On the other hand, the Foxes are on a 2-fixture losing streak and they had let in a total of 8 goals from their past 3 games combined. Do also note they were winless in 10 of their past 15 road trips.
Considering these observations, expect a high-scoring affair this Saturday between the 2 teams
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City