Celta Vigo vs Barcelona
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 6 November 2021
Kick-off at 15:15 UK/ 16:15 CET
Venue: Estadio de Balaídos.
The arrival of Xavi seems imminent now, and while it would take some time for the legendary midfielder to turn things around for the Catalans, morale is high for the team.
And the expectation is that Barca will rise to the occasion and deliver a win against the struggling Celta Vigo – which would be the perfect welcome gift for the new gaffer.
Celta Vigo vs Barcelona Head-to-head
- The last time these two locked horns, Celta registered a 1-2 win on the road.
- Barca had recorded 14 of the past 18 overall wins.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 0-3 win for the guests.
- Only once have the hosts won at this stadium since 2016.
Celta Vigo vs Barcelona Prediction & Analysis
Celta Vigo were held to a 0-0 draw the last match-day by Vallecano. They were also winless in four of their preceding five fixtures, and had remained so in nine of their preceding twelve games.
They have also lost five of their former six appearances at home, and managed to slot in just three goals during this stretch.
On the other hand, Barcelona recorded a 1-1 draw at home the past game week against Alaves, and followed it up with a 0-1 win on the road against Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League.
The team is slowly on the verge of a comeback, and will be determined to keep the streak going. On top of that, they also have a great h2h record against this rival over the years, and for all these reasons, expect a win for the Catalans this weekend.
However, both teams have found it hard to score goals lately, and the expectation is that we are in for a low-scoring affair.
Key Stats for Betting
- Barca are unbeaten since Ronald Koeman was sacked, and this included a much-needed victory in the Champions League.
- They have scored more than one goal just once in the past eight fixtures, and just twice in the last twelve games.
- Celta had failed to score in four of their last five match-ups, and only twice have they scored more than one goal in their preceding 14 fixtures.
- They have a 100% losing record at home this new season, barring their encounter against the 14th placed Granada.
- They have won just thrice all through this 2021-22 campaign, and two of these wins had come against the bottom-most two teams in the table
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker