Brentford vs Chelsea
England – Carabao Cup
Date: Wednesday, 22 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Brentford Community Stadium.
Reigning European champions Chelsea appear to be losing steam a bit lately. They are uncharacteristically registering quite a number of draws, and they have also dropped down from the top-most spot in the PL table.
With City and Liverpool dead-set on going after the title, it’s important that Thomas Tuchel’s men regain their form.
This Wednesday, they have an opportunity to secure a confidence-boosting win. They are at home, and are taking on the recently-promoted Brentford, who are struggling to show consistency at the moment.
Going on, Manchester City are out of this competition already, and in earlier seasons, they had made a habit of lifting the Carabao.
This time around, there will be new champions, and teams are eager to cash in. Count on Chelsea to deliver a much-needed win this Wednesday.
Brentford vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- Chelsea have a 100% unbeaten record against this opponent in the past decade.
- In fact, barring a single draw, they have a perfect winning record in the period.
- They had scored four or more goals in two of the past three meetings.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 0-1 win for the guests.
Brentford vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Brentford recorded a 1-2 win on the road against Stoke in the previous round. Their form has been worrying in the last few months, and while they are under no threat of being relegated, even a top-half finish in the PL looks unlikely.
They are conceding goals in almost every other match-up, and most importantly, they were playing in the Championship the last season while counterparts Chelsea had went on and lifted the Champions League.
Going on, Tuchel’s men had overcome Southampton in the previous round, via penalties. Currently they are experiencing a slight blip in form, but it needs to be noted that they are still one of the very best teams in England.
They are determined to make it to the semis of the Carabao, and in all probability will utilize this fixture to secure a confidence-boosting win.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Blues are placed third in the PL table at the moment, and they have scored the most number of goals, barring Liverpool and City.
- They have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition, disregarding Pep Guardiola’s Citizens.
- They have lost just once in the past 17 games.
- Meanwhile, Brentford are placed 12th in the table, and they have managed to post a total of just five wins so far.
- They have a total of just one clean sheet from the last twelve fixtures.
- Watch AC Milan vs Udinese Live Streaming Match #MilanUdinese 2-1 #SempreMilan
- Watch Brentford vs Manchester United Live Streaming Match #BREMUN #PL
- Watch Arsenal vs Leicester City Live Streaming Match #ARSLEI #PL
- Watch Manchester City vs Bournemouth Live Streaming Match #MCIBOU #PL
- Watch Aston Villa vs Everton Live Streaming Match #AVLEVE