Brentford vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Brentford Community Stadium.
The reigning European champions Chelsea might have their work cut our for them this weekend, against the defensively sturdy Brentford. Thomas Tuchel’s men are determined to continue their stint at the top and will try not to take too much risks against this impressive rival.
Brentford vs Chelsea Head-to-head
- Thomas Tuchel’s men had recorded a 4-0 win the last time these two teams locked horns with each other. They are on a two-game winning streak, and they had scored a total of eight goals in the process.
- They have scored two or more goals in all of the clashes so far this past decade.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a draw. Either team found the back of the net twice each to play out a draw.
Brentford vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
Brentford recorded a 1-2 win on the road the last match-day, against West Ham. They had kept clean sheets in two of their past four overall games, and at home they have let in more than one goal just once in the past eight-month period – against Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool.
On the other hand, their counterparts had kept clean sheets in five of their previous ten fixtures, and they had let in just two goals from their past five road trips combined.
Both these teams are eager to keep their top-tier spots safe, and will try to adapt a safe strategy for the game. The expectation is that the two defensively-strong teams will play out a low-scoring affair this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Brentford have conceded a total of just six goals throughout this campaign, and only three other teams have conceded fewer than them – Chelsea, Manchester City, and Brighton.
- Brentford have lost just once this season in the competition, and this has been their sole defeat at this stadium in the past eight-month period.
- The Blues are at the top of the table, and along with the Citizens, they have the absolute best defense in the English top flight in 2021-22.
- They have conceded a total of just three goals in total in the current edition of the PL, and on the road, their only conceded goal in PL had come against Liverpool.
- The two teams have combined to concede a total of just nine goal from their total fourteen games (and four of these goals were scored by Liverpool).
- Watch Newcastle vs Arsenal Live Streaming Match #NEWARS #PL
- Paulo Dybala has already revealed his dream transfer destination amid Arsenal links
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move