Borussia Dortmund vs Mainz
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: Signal Iduna Park.
Der BVB are placed third in the table, trailing by a single point below toppers Bayern Munich. And with the top two teams going at each other this weekend, it’s an opportunity for them to climb to the first position. Expect them to secure a win at their home against Mainz, whom they have thoroughly dominated over the years.
Dortmund vs Mainz Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-3 win on the road for BVB, and it had taken place just four months back.
- They had won 17 of the preceding 23 meetings between the two teams.
- They had scored two or more goals in four of the last six clashes.
- At home, they have lost just twice in the past two decades.
Dortmund vs Mainz Prediction & Analysis
Borussia recorded a 2-1 win at home the last match-day, against Augsburg. They had also won six of their past seven games, and had also scored two or more goals in five of their preceding seven fixtures.
They also have a 100% winning record at home in 2021-22 in all competitions, disregarding their Super Cup loss against Bayern. Moreover, they had also scored three or more goals in all of their league games at home, except for the clash against Augsburg.
On the other hand, Mainz lost 1-2 at home the last game week, against Union Berlin. They are also on a three-game winless streak, and barring their road trip to take on Hoffenheim, they had failed to score in all of their away games in the league in 2021-22.
On top of all that, they also have a poor h2h record against Der BVB over the past seasons.
And for all these reasons, expect a win for Dortmund this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Dortmund had won four of their last five league games, and only two other teams have shown that kind of form in the past five match-days.
- They have been the best team at home this season in the Bundesliga with a 100% winning record.
- They have scored a total of 14 goals from just four home appearances so far.
- Meanwhile, Mainz have a 100% losing record on the road, barring a single win against the 11th placed Hoffenheim.
- Mainz were placed 12th in the table the last season, while their counterparts for the day had secured a third-place finish