Besiktas vs Sporting Lisbon
Europe – UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Vodafone Park.
Both Besiktas and Sporting are on 100% losing records so far in this season of the CL, and promotion to the knockouts seem improbable now. The only remaining option is a third-place finish, and thus a Europa ticket.
By the looks of things, expect a fierce encounter, and thus goals in plenty this Tuesday.
Besiktas vs Sporting Lisbon Head-to-head
- Sporting have a 100% unbeaten record against this rival, and had recorded a 3-1 win in the latest encounter.
- Both teams had found the back of the net in 100% of meetings.
- Besiktas are on a three-game losing run against other Portuguese opponents.
- Meanwhile, Sporting had lost just two of their clashes against other Turkish rivals.
Besiktas vs Sporting Lisbon Prediction & Analysis
Besiktas had lost 2-0 on the road the last match-day against Ajax in the Champions League, while Sporting lost 1-0 on the road against Borussia Dortmund.
Going on, though just two games are over in the Group Stages, Ajax and Dortmund already have a six-point lead each over the other two teams, and seem well-set to make it to the Round of 16.
As such, there is a direct race between the other two teams for the third position, and thus an entry into the Europa League. On that account, a win in the upcoming encounter is supremely important for Besiktas as well as Sporting.
And with the form of their defenses so far in European games, expect a high-scoring affair this Tuesday in this crucial game.
However, Sporting appear to be in far better form that their counterparts for the day, and they also have a better h2h record. Likely, expect them to secure a hard-fought win.
Key Stats for Betting
- Besiktas have conceded two or more goals in six of their past seven overall fixtures, and they have done so in all of their CL games in 2021-22 as well.
- They had lost three of their past four games, and they had remained winless in five of their former seven match-ups.
- They have conceded a total of six goals from their last three home appearances.
- Meanwhile, Sporting had won four of their last five games, and they have lost a total of just four times since November of 2020.
- They have failed to score in an away fixture just once since February, and this match-up was against Dortmund.
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.