Bayern Munich vs Manchester City
International – Club Friendlies
Date: Sunday, 24 July 2022
Kick-off at 00:00 UK/ 01:00 CET
Venue: Lambeau Field.
It’s the battle of the Champions as Bundesliga winners Bayern Munich take on EPL title-holders Manchester City this Sunday in an encounter which promises to be an attacking masterpiece right from the get go.
The Citizens had found the back of the net an astonishing 99 times through their league campaign the last season and despite immense pressure from arch-rivals Liverpool, they managed to win the title on the final match-day of the season.
All through the campaign they were defeated just 3 times and in the process, they had let in a total of just 26 goals. It also deserves to be mentioned that in a season where they had +73 goal difference, their arch rivals Manchester United had a goal difference of exactly zero.
Meanwhile Bayern won the German title for the 10th straight time and during the course of this stretch they had found the back of the net an impressive 97 times from their 34 fixtures.
This will be the time for experiments for them as they play without star striker Robert Lewandowski for the first time in 9 years. However, they have made some good replacements in the form of Sadio Mane and against Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, it promises to be an exciting affair.
Moreover, goals have also come in plenty whenever these 2 teams have locked horns in the past.
Likely, anticipate a high-scoring affair this Sunday.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester City Head-to-head (h2h)
- 5 of the past 7 encounters had 3 or more goals.
- 5 of the previous 7 clashes had goals from both teams.
- The latest meeting had finished in a 2-3 win for Manchester City.
- The last 4 overall wins were split into two each for either squad.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester City Prediction & Analysis
Bayern Munich were unbeaten in 27 of their past 32 overall fixtures and in the process they had gone on a 7-fixture winning streak as well as 2 separate 3-game winning stretches.
On the other hand, the Citizens had won 8 of their previous 10 overall games, and they had found the back of the neck 2 or more times in 9 of these fixtures.
Besides with the addition of Erling Haaland, their goal scoring output is only expected to go further up.
Likely anticipate goals to come in plenty between the 2 teams this weekend
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation