Bayern Munich vs Barcelona
Date: Tuesday, 7 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Football Arena Munich.
Barcelona will travel to Munich as they take on Bayern Munich in a match of huge implications at the Allianz Arena on the final matchday of the group stages.
The visitors will need the win here if they are to make it to the knockouts for the 21st consecutive time in the Champions League, provided Benfica seal all 3 points against Dynamo Kiev.
On the other side of things, Bayern would not only want to win all group stage games for the second time. They would also love to knock out the Catalonian club from the tournament having been knocked out by this side in 2009 and 2015, evident by Muller’s determined statement.
Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Bayern Munich vs Barcelona Head-to-head
- The Bavarians have won 8 games and lost twice in 12 previous meetings.
- 6 clean sheets were kept in those 12 fixtures.
- The last 6 times these teams met, 3 or more goals were scored in the match.
- The visitors are yet to win at this venue in 5 matches.
Just when it appeared that Barcelona was stabilising things under Xavi as he led the team to 3 games without defeat. They were not able to get things going for them in their 0-1 loss against Real Betis at home.
Having taken 8 points in their last 7 La Liga fixtures, they occupy the 7th position in La Liga and are 16 points behind arch-rivals Real Madrid.
Following their surprising loss against Augsburg in the league away from home, they won 2-3 on the road against Dortmund in their most recent game.
Having dropped just 8 points this season they are top of the Bundesliga with a 4 point gap from 2nd place Dortmund. The team has won 7 of their last 8 games.
Bayern Munich vs Barcelona Prediction
Bayern has dominated opponents across Germany and Europe over the past few years. They have been at their destructive best particularly in home games, with just 2 losses at this venue since November 2019.
As much as it is painful for Culers around the world, I do see Munich sealing a comfortable win at home. As the Spanish giants have won just twice in their last 9 away games.
The Reds have scored 76 goals this season already across all competitions. The Lewandowski led attack has scored throughout the course of fixtures. Expect goals for the hosts in both halves.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation