Barcelona vs Real Madrid
Spain – Super Cup
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2022
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: King Fahd International Stadium.
This Super Cup fixture could not have come at a worse time for the Catalans. They are struggling to make amends for all the setbacks they had faced in the past few years. And honestly speaking, they cannot be counted amongst one of the world-elites anymore.
They are in the rebuilding phase, and are headed by a gaffer who is yet to have ten European games in his managerial career.
Meanwhile, arch-rivals Real Madrid are flying high. They are comfortably at the top of the league table, and spearheaded by Karim Benzema and Vinicius Jr, they are slotting in goals at will.
Moreover, they also have a superior h2h record in recent times.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Real Madrid this Wednesday at the King Fahd International Stadium.
Barcelona vs Real Madrid Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-2 win for the Los Blancos.
- They are on a four-game winning streak.
- They had scored two or more goals in the last four clashes in a row.
- The last Barca recorded a win against this foe was three years back.
Barcelona vs Real Madrid Prediction & Analysis
Barca were just held to a 1-1 draw on the road by Granada. They were also winless in six of their past nine matches, and they had managed to score more than one goal just twice in their last six games.
On the other hand, Carlo Ancelotti’s men just registered a 4-1 win against Valencia. They had also won 13 of their past 15 overall fixtures, and had scored two or more goals in 12 of their preceding 15 matches.
Going on, they have also thoroughly dominated this opponent in recent years, and they will be even more motivated to secure another win against this arch-rival of theirs.
As things stand, expect a win for Real Madrid this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Los Blancos are at the top of the league table, and have lost just twice all through the campaign.
- Meanwhile, the Catalans are placed fifth, and are trailing 17 points below the top-most spot.
- Going on, the Royal Whites had scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the La Liga. In fact, while they have scored 45 goals so far, the next best is just 33.