Barcelona vs Espanyol
Spain – LaLiga
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Camp Nou.
What better way for Xavi to make his return to his boyhood club? At the Nou Camp, taking on derby rivals Espanyol
While hardcore fans would expect magic right away from the tactician, it would be better to wait and give the man some time to turn things around.
Barca have not been at their best lately, and they were even outclassed at their home quite a number of times. Still, morale is high at the club, and players would be eager to get the fans back in their corner.
Likely, expect the Catalans to grind out a much-needed win at their home, against one of their arch-rivals.
Barcelona vs Espanyol Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for Barca.
- They are on a seven-fixture unbeaten run.
- Since 2009, the hosts have won every single official meeting at this stadium.
- The hosts had scored four or more goals in five of the preceding eight clashes at this ground.
Barcelona vs Espanyol Prediction & Analysis
Barca were held to a 3-3 draw the last match-day on the road by the 15th placed Celta Vigo. Note that the team had thrown away a lead of three goals.
Likely, defense is a problem for the Catalans, and it’s unlikely that they would be able to keep a clean sheet this weekend – especially in a derby game.
However, they are determined to secure a win – to honor the arrival of club legends Xavi, as well as Dani Alves. They do have a great h2h record against this foe over the years, and to top it off, Espanyol have been a mess on the road all through 2021-22.
As such, expect a win for Barcelona.
Key Stats for Betting
- Barca have a total of two clean sheets from their last seven games.
- Even at home, they have a total of just two clean sheets this whole season. One had come against the 19th placed Levante, while another had come against Dynamo Kyiv.
- Still, their only two defeats at this venue in 2021-22 had come against Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich.
- Meanwhile, Espanyol have a total of four wins this league season, and three of those had come against teams placed 14th or below in the table.
- Importantly, they are a newly-promoted team, and their latest win on the road had come in May of 2021, in a Segunda fixture.
- World Cup Group E: What do Spain, Germany, Japan and Costa Rica Need to qualify
- QATAR 2022: African teams and their chances of qualification to the next round.
- The 4 Most Expensive Club Sales In Football
- 5 Portuguese Players who will Help Cristiano Ronaldo Win the 2022 World Cup Trophy
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 8