Atlanta vs Manchester United
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 2 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Gewiss Stadium (Bergamo).
Manchester United travel to Atalanta on matchday 4 of the Champions League 2021/22 season looking for their third straight win in the competition. Read our match preview and predictions with head-to-head analysis here.
After conceding twice in the first half, Manchester United came back strongly to defeat Atlanta 3-2 on matchday 3. Cristiano Ronaldo along with Marcus Rashford and Harry Maguire were on target in a remarkable comeback win against one of the most feared attacks in Europe.
This is their second win in the competition having defeated Villarreal 2-1, they conceded the first goal there as well.
The Red Devils are currently top of the table with 6 points, while Atlanta who won against Young Boys 1-0 after drawing Villarreal 2-2 are third in the standings level on points with the Spanish La Liga team.
The group is wide open with Young Boys sitting at the foot with 3 points and matchday 4’s result could set up an exciting finale
Atlanta vs Manchester United Head-to-head
Their matchup at the Old Trafford on matchday 3 of the competition is the lone competitive meeting between the two sides.
Atlanta vs Manchester United Prediction
Manchester United who suffered mother of all defeats against Liverpool by 5 goals to nil bounced back on the weekend with a 3-0 win over Tottenham. However they remained extremely vulnerable at the back, truth to be told their opponent on the day was one of the least efficient teams in the English Premier League.
This will be another tough night for Solskjaer and his men though there will be some confidence after the weekend’s win.
Atalanta plays only one way and this is by taking the attack regardless of the stature of the opposition. This hasn’t brought them results as expected this season or as compared to last two seasons with oppositions finding a way to punish them on the counter.
However there is no shortage of entertainment when the La Dea takes the football field and they have netted in 12 consecutive games across all formats. Defending is not their strong point and they conceded in 10 during the same period.
United on the other hand kept their first clean sheet after 11 games against Spurs on Saturday. But they have scored in every away game this season contrary to shortcomings at the Old Trafford.
For me, this is sizing up to be a similar battle as we saw in their duel a couple of weeks ago and punters may choose goals above full-time results to stay on the safe side.
Key Stats for Betting
- Manchester United have scored and conceded in all three Champions League games this season.
- They have seen over 1.5 second half goals in those games.
- Meanwhile, Atalanta saw 2 or more goals in the second half for 6 straight games.
- Atalanta saw over 2.5 goals in 10 of their last 12 matches across all competitions.
- Cristiano Ronald will be looking to score for a fourth straight time in the competition. He scored the winner in the last 2 while netting first in the defeat to Young Boys
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.