Aston Villa vs Wolves
English Premier League
Date: Saturday 16th October 2021
Kick off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Villa Park.
Aston Villa had found some form just before the international break when they won 2 games in a row although in their last game they just came up short losing 2-1 away to Tottenham so will be raring to go for this game at home.
Villa are in 10th place and look like solid unit so far and with 10 points they are only six points behind the league leaders. They have got some very good results recently beating Manchester United away from home 1-0 and also they achieved a great victory over Everton. In both of those clubs cases that was their first loss of the season.
Wolves started the season slow but with 2 wins in a row they have climbed up to 12th place and victory here would see Bruno Lage’s team go past their opponents.
Wolves have beaten Newcastle and Southampton in their last two games and away form has been positive as they have won their last two in a row and would be inside the top 8 clubs based on away form only.
Aston Villa vs Wolves: Head to Head
- Last season this fixture finished 0-0.
- Aston Villa haven’t been able to beat Wolves in the league, when at home, since 2018.
- The last 3 meetings in a row have all ended in under 1.5 goals.
Aston Villa vs Wolves Prediction
This has the potential to be a very good game because we have two sides who dream of European football for next season but also two who are in very good form.
Villa will have more pressure with them at home and manager Dean Smith will be expecting his side to power through here and get the win. But having said that we are tempted to back Wolves for this one.
It is true there is more risk involved but Wolves have seem like they are responding now to their managers philosophy and look like a confident team and the value on them to win is very good. They have also recorded some good results at Villa Park over the past decade.
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.
- How Chelsea might line up against Crystal Palace as Graham Potter is looking forward to his 1st win.
- Graham Potter’s Chelsea’s XI next summer if Boehly issues go-ahead for four transfers.
- CRP vs Che: 4 Chelsea Players Ruled Out Of The Match Against Crystal Palace