Aston Villa vs Everton
English Premier League
Date: 13 August 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Villa Park (Birmingham).
Aston Villa and Everton lock horns at the Villa Park on matchday 2 of the 2022/23 English Premier League hoping to register the first win of the season.
Both teams lost their opening match of the campaign and will be keen to exploit their opponents’ vulnerabilities.
The Villans lost 2-0 to the newly promoted Bournemouth, a match that gave Steven Gerrard plenty to think ahead of the clash on Saturday.
Despite clear domination of possession, Gerard’s men failed to create any meaningful chance. Besides, the trend of conceding early goals in the opening weeks of Premier League continued for Aston Villa.
Everton on the other hand fought well against Chelsea and created enough chances to grab an upset result at their home turf. But a Jorginho penalty made the difference and Lampard’s men will go into matchday 2 with zero points in the bank.
Besides the defeat, the Toffees were undone by injuries to Ben Godfrey and Yerry Mina. Now they have a few holes to fix in the defensive department.
Problems persist in the attacking unit as well as they are without an out and out striker following the departure of Richarlison and injury to Calvert Lewin.
Aston Villa vs Everton Head-to-head
- The Villans are unbeaten in the last 6 h2h meetings with Everton registering 4 wins in the process.
- Both Premier League clashes of last season were won by Aston Villa, 3-0 at Villa Park and 1-0 at the Goodison.
- Everton have not scored in the last visits to this ground.
Aston Villa vs Everton Prediction
A tight game in prospect after both teams struggled in front of goal last week. Aston Villa have problems in chance creating while Everton is left out with a proper number 9 for this fixture.
Thus, we will take the under 2.5 goals as the top pick for this English Premier League fixture.
Along with that, I will back the full time draw priced at 3.50 odd despite booking heavily favoring the hosts to win this fixture at 1.80 odd
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City