Aston Villa vs Chelsea
English Premier League
Date: 16 October 2022, Sunday
Kick-off at 14:00 UK / 15:00 CET
Venue: Villa Park (Birmingham).
Graham Potter is doing his bits of wizardry at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea are enjoying a wonderful spell of form under his guidance.
The Blues have been struggling for consistency across competitions ever since the beginning of the season, namely because of the lack of meticulousness in the back line.
Potter managed to fix the defensive holes immediately and find a winning formula that includes plenty of rotations in this crazy Saturday-Wednesday rhythm.
Chelsea managed four consecutive wins in all competitions under Potter. They have bagged at least two goals in each of these victories, conceding only a single goal in total in the process.
The latest of the Blues’ successes came on Tuesday night when they picked up an important 0-2 victory over AC Milan in the UEFA Champions League.
Potter’s men will fancy their chances of keeping their fourth consecutive clean sheet across competitions on Sunday afternoon when they visit Birmingham for the Matchday No 11 clash against Aston Villa.
The Lions are struggling badly to get things going offensively under Steven Gerrard this season. They are one of the most boring teams to watch in the elite class of English football right now.
Aston Villa vs Chelsea Head-to-head
- These two teams met each other three times last year and Chelsea came on top in all three outings (one via the penalty shootout in the League Cup clash).
- Historically, the Blues have only managed to claim 22 wins in the previous 74 visits to Villa Park.
- We’ve seen goals at both ends in six of the previous seven head to head matches.
Aston Villa vs Chelsea Prediction
Aston Villa have only scored two goals in the previous three league games despite facing the likes of Southampton, Leeds, and Nottingham in the process.
We really fancy Chelsea’s chances of keeping the fourth subsequent clean sheet here. You can back Chelsea to win to nil at the odds of 3.00. Those who prefer correct score longshots can take the 9.00 odds for the Blues to win 0-2 at the end
- Observations as Chelsea FC resumes training ahead of friendly game against Aston Villa
- Messi Vs Lewandowski: Who Has A Better Goal To Game Ratio For His Country
- TUN 1-0 FRA: Why Fans Are Reacting After Griezmann’s Stoppage Time Equalizer Was Canceled
- Why The Referee Was Right To Cancel France’s Goal In The 108th Minute Of Today’s Game
- QATAR 2022: Argentina, Germany and other big teams who could be eliminated in their last group games