Arsenal vs Southampton
English Premier League
Date: 11 December 2021, Saturday
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium (London).
Arsenal will be hoping to get back to winning ways when they welcome Southampton for Saturday’s English Premier League clash.
The gunners had their moment of brilliance this season, but they suffered back-to-back defeats as well 3 in the space of four games in the Premier League. Arteta’s men were well poised for a top four finish in the first week of November when they won six out of eight games with the remaining two ending in draws.
Arsenal now remains with the slimmest chance of finishing inside the top four, though the title contenders Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea are 10+ points ahead. Meanwhile West Ham, Tottenham and Manchester United are four points ahead.
At the same time, Southampton’s winless streak is stretched to four games after the lackluster 1-1 draw against Brighton. The Saints never got going this season, managing only 3 wins from 15 games. They are dangerously close to the relegation zone, current staying above the bottom three by six points.
Away from home, Southampton picked just 1 win from 7 games so far. Things are only expected to get tougher at the Emirates on Saturday with Arsenal’s home record being an impressive 5 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss from 7 games so far.
Arsenal vs Southampton Head-to-head
- Arsenal are unbeaten in the last five league matches against Southampton, 3 wins and 2 draws.
- The home record is even more impressive with the Gunners holding an unbeaten record against the Saints in the history of the Premier League.
- The corresponding fixture of last season was a 1-1 draw.
Arsenal vs Southampton Prediction
Despite the recent shortcomings, Arsenal remains a tough team to play against while they are at the Emirates stadium. Chelsea is the only team that beat them at this ground in the current campaign, so Arteta’s men must go well to get all three points on Saturday.
Meantime, both teams to score in the match is a decent alternative with the same being paid in 4 of the last 5 Premier League games between the two sides at this ground.
There are few players who found form in recent weeks, but Emile Smith Rowe is one of the standout performers who could surprise with the deep runs from the midfield and wings. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could have been an option here for anytime goalscorer, but the Gabonese striker’s finishing touch is questionable and therefore we shoot for a bigger price with Smith-Rowe.
- Observations Made After Graham Potter’s Chelsea Defeated Crystal Palace 2-1 Away
- Things Graham Potter did that helped Chelsea defeat Crystal Palace 2-1 today at Selhurst Park
- Connor Gallagher’s Message To Chelsea Fans After Scoring His First Chelsea Goal.
- Watch Inter Milan vs Roma Live Streaming Match #RomaInter #InterRoma #INTROM
- Why Graham Potter’s 3-5-2 Formation Against Crystal Palace Is A Dynamic Set-up