Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven
Date: Thursday, 20 October 2022
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal continue to be a thorn in the sides of whatever teams that had the misfortune to come in front of them. They are at the top of the PL table, and are at the top of their Europa group table as well. This Thursday they are easily the favorites to deliver a win against PSV, who are not equipped to take on the titans of Europe.
The Gunners are in possession of the top-most spot in the English Premier League table. And that too, over the likes of defending champions Manchester City, and in-form Tottenham.
They have a 100% winning record in the PL barring their match-up against Manchester United. And all along they found the back of the net in plenty.
At the same time they also managed to climb to the top of Group A in the Europa League. There they have a 100% winning record, and with a single goal conceded so far, they comfortably have the best defense as well.
Going on, they have a 100% winning record at home in all competitions since April, and they tasted defeat here this year just against three teams – Manchester City, Liverpool, and Brighton.
On the other hand, PSV are on fine form in overall fixtures – but they do have one glaring weakness. They are comparatively inexperienced in European games (compared to the Gunners), and they are not on the level of any titans from the top-five leagues of Europe – let alone the legendary Arsenal.
Moreover, Mikel Arteta’s men have the better h2h record against this rival – and particularly so at this stadium.
Likely, anticipate a victory for Arsenal this Thursday at the Emirates.
Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Two of the past three clashes had goals from both teams.
- The Gunners have a 100% unbeaten record at this ground.
- It’s been two decades since the visitors kept a clean sheet at this venue.
Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven Prediction & Analysis
The Gunners have been in such great form that they have a 100% winning record this season, barring their game against Manchester United. On top of that they are at home, and they are determined to make it to the Round of 16 of the Europa in style.
On the other hand, not only are PSV not on the level of Europe’s true elites, but they also have been inconsistent on the road. They are struggling with their defense in such games, and they have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation