Arsenal vs Manchester City
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 1 January 2021
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners butchered Norwich the last match-day with a 5-0 scoreline, and it could be safely said that they are back in form. Importantly, they are back in the race for the top-four. For a team that had failed to qualify even for the Conference League the last season, it’s the greatest news.
However, they will have a tough challenge this New Year, as they welcome defending champions Manchester City to the Emirates Stadium. Pep Guardiola seems determined to run away with another title, and if recent results are any indication, there is really no stopping them.
By the looks of things, Mikel Arteta’s men are about to get a reality check, from the seemingly unstoppable Citizens.
Arsenal vs Manchester City Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 5-0 win for Pep’s men.
- They are on a four-fixture winning streak.
- At this venue, the guests had won six of the past seven encounters.
- The visitors had scored three or more goals in four of the last seven match-ups at this ground.
Arsenal vs Manchester City Prediction & Analysis
Arteta’s men recorded a 0-5 win on the road the past game week, against Norwich. They are also on a winning streak, and are scoring goals at a great rate. However, they are pitted against the juggernaut run by Pep Guardiola.
Manchester City had recorded a 6-3 win the last match-day, against Leicester. Note that Leicester then went on and defeated Liverpool.
Going on, the Citizens had won 11 of their previous 12 games, and the only loss during this stretch had come in the Champions League, against Leipzig. And do understand that before that defeat, City had ensured the top-most spot in their CL Group – rendering the result of the fixture pointless.
By the looks of things, expect the Citizens to post the three points on the board, and to score in plenty as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Citizens are at the top of the table, and that too with a six-point lead.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the competition, as well as have conceded the least.
- They have lost just twice all through the campaign, and are the only team to have won every one of the past five league games.
- Meanwhile, the Gunners have scored a total of 19 goals from their past five fixtures.
- They have lost just once at this venue in 2021-22, and it was against reigning European champions Chelsea
- Watch AC Milan vs Udinese Live Streaming Match #MilanUdinese 2-1 #SempreMilan
- Watch Brentford vs Manchester United Live Streaming Match #BREMUN #PL
- Watch Arsenal vs Leicester City Live Streaming Match #ARSLEI #PL
- Watch Manchester City vs Bournemouth Live Streaming Match #MCIBOU #PL
- Watch Aston Villa vs Everton Live Streaming Match #AVLEVE