Arsenal vs Aston Villa
England – Premier League
Date: Friday, 22 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners have returned to form after their slow start, and are one of the only four teams in the whole league to have stayed unbeaten in the past five match-days. They will have their work cut out for them this Friday against the sturdy defense of Aston Villa, but count on Arsenal to grind out a hard-fought win.
Arsenal vs Aston Villa Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for Villa.
- The Gunners had won seven of the past ten clashes.
- At this venue, the hosts had won four of the last five meetings.
- They had also kept clean sheets in three of the preceding five match-ups here.
Arsenal vs Aston Villa Prediction & Analysis
Arsenal recorded a 2-2 draw the last match-day at home, against Crystal Palace. Despite the dropped points, their 95th minute equalizer will be a huge confidence boost.
They have also been on a superb streak lately, and seem to be compensating for their struggles earlier in the campaign.
Especially at home, the team has been an entirely different beast. In fact, disregarding their draw the last game week, and the loss against Chelsea in the second match-day, they have a 100% winning record at home in this new season.
On the other hand, Villa are going through a dismal run at the moment. They had lost both their last two games conceding two or more goals, and importantly their form on the road has been simply worrisome.
Going on, Aston might have the better h2h record in the past one-year period, but they have a hugely inferior overall h2h record, and particularly so at this venue.
For the reasons, expect a win for the Gunners this Friday.
Furthermore, considering the defensive rigidity of Villa, and their habit of performing well against top-tier teams, expect few goals this Friday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Arsenal are on a seven-game unbeaten streak, and five of these were wins.
- They had conceded a total of just three goals during this stretch, registering three clean sheets.
- Their only defeat at home in 2021-22 in any competition, had come against reigning European champions Chelsea.
- Meanwhile, Villa had lost three of their former four fixtures, and they had remained winless in five of their past seven games.
- They also have a 100% losing record on the road in league clashes this season, barring just one match-up