Ajax vs Borussia Dortmund
Europe – UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Johan Cruijff Arena.
Ajax and Dortmund are currently the toppers of Group C with perfect winning records, and they have practically eliminated the other two teams from the race for the top-two spots.
And now the race is on between these two squads to become group champions, and on that account, a win is supremely important this Tuesday for either squad. Likely, expect an eventful clash at the Johan Crujiff Arena with plenty of goals.
Ajax vs Borussia Dortmund Head-to-head
- The two squads have locked horns four times so far, and both teams have secured two wins apiece.
- Ajax had won three of their former five encounters against other German rivals, and not once have they failed to score during this period.
- BVB have a 100% unbeaten record against other Dutch rivals, barring a single loss against Feyenoord in 2002.
Ajax vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Analysis
Ajax recorded a 2-0 win at home the last match-day in the CL, against Besiktas. They had also won eight of their previous nine fixtures, and they have lost at home just thrice in total all through 2021.
Note that they had also scored a total of 24 goals just from their last six home appearances.
On the other hand Der BVB had registered a 1-0 victory at home against Sporting the last game week in the CL, and they have continued to be the best in Germany just behind Bayern.
They have been scoring goals almost at will – courtesy, some of their monstrous young talents.
And with either team going for the win this Tuesday (in order to take the first position with a lead), expect a fierce encounter – and judging the offense on either sides, anticipate goals in plenty too.
Key Stats for Betting
- Not only do these two teams have 100% winning records in this new edition of the Champions League, but they have scored the most number of goals in the group as well.
- Ajax had won eight of their previous nine games, and they had scored a total of 33 goals in the process.
- They had scored a total of 102 goals in their 2020-21 league season in the Eredivisie.
- Meanwhile, Dortmund had won seven of their preceding eight games, and they had found the back of the net twice or more in seven of their last nine road trips.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the German Bundesliga this season, disregarding just Bayern Munich
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.