Monaco vs Lille
France – Ligue 1
Date: Friday, 19 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Louis II.
Both these teams are former champions of the French top flight, but are going through dismal runs at the moment. In fact, neither have shown any indication that they are to be feared at any point this season
However, Monaco have managed to perform comparatively well at home – especially when the record of Lille on the road is considered.
On top of that, Lille also have a worrying h2h record against this foe over the years.
Likely, expect a win for the hosts Monaco this weekend.
Monaco vs Lille Head-to-head
- Monaco had recorded seven of the past nine overall wins.
- They had scored two or more goals in four of the last seven clashes at this venue.
- It’s been more than 12 years since the hosts have conceded more than one goal at this ground.
- Since 2009, only once have the guests won at this ground.
Monaco vs Lille Prediction & Analysis
Monaco were held to a 0-0 draw the last match-day on the road, by Reims. They were also unbeaten in 12 of their past 15 games, and had impressively won four of their last five appearances at home.
They have also managed to stay unbeaten in all of their Europa League games in 2021-22.
On the other hand, Lille were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Angers. They were also winless in 16 of their past 22 fixtures, and they had lost five of their past seven road trips. Moreover, they were winless in ten of their former twelve away games.
On top of all that, Lille also have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years, and have conceded in plenty in the process.
Considering these stats and observations, expect a win for Monaco this Friday at the Stade Louis II.
Moreover, taking into account the defensive issues of either squad, anticipate goals in plenty as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Monaco had won their last three league games at home, and had scored three or more goals in all of these matches.
- Despite all of their issues, they have lost just twice at home – and the defeats had come against Marseille, and Lens – both of whom are placed in the top-four of the table.
- Meanwhile, Lille have managed to register a total of just four wins since August, and they have a total of one league win on the road this whole season.
- It’s been more than six months since they have kept a clean sheet on the road
- Watch Newcastle vs Arsenal Live Streaming Match #NEWARS #PL
- Paulo Dybala has already revealed his dream transfer destination amid Arsenal links
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move