WAL 0-2 IRN: Match Review And Current Table After Iran Defeated Wales 2-0
Iran earned their first victory of the tournament by scoring twice in stoppage time to defeat 10-man Wales, keeping their hopes of reaching the World Cup knockout stage alive.
Iran started well and dominated the first half. Iran would have taken the lead in the first half, but Gholizadeh’s goal was disallowed for offside. Iran maintained their impressive performance in the second half, and nearly scoring twice as Azmoun and Gholizadeh hit the post within nine seconds of each other. After a VAR review in the 86th minutes, Hennessey was shown a red card, leaving Wales with 10 man to finish the game. Iran then pushed the Welsh defense, and finally broke the deadlock in the 98th minute as substitute Cheshmi drilled the ball from outside the box into the net. Three minutes later, Iran doubled their lead when Taremi squared the ball to Rezaeian on the edge, who dinked it over Ward.
The victory propels them to second place in Group B. Meanwhile, England will play the United States tonight. Here is the most recent table following Iran’s victory
- Observations as Chelsea FC resumes training ahead of friendly game against Aston Villa
- Messi Vs Lewandowski: Who Has A Better Goal To Game Ratio For His Country
- TUN 1-0 FRA: Why Fans Are Reacting After Griezmann’s Stoppage Time Equalizer Was Canceled
- Why The Referee Was Right To Cancel France’s Goal In The 108th Minute Of Today’s Game
- QATAR 2022: Argentina, Germany and other big teams who could be eliminated in their last group games