Chelsea will host Everton in their mid week fixture at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea narrowly escaped another draw last time out in the Premier League, after Jorginho scored a late penalty against Leeds United to steal three points for Chelsea.
Chelsea will be looking to improve their form against Everton as they have conceded quite a number of goals in their past four games. Everton under Rafa Benitez employ a high pressing style of football that stretches attacking players on the pitch with long balls. Everton look to get the ball Forward very quickly with long balls into the final third and with counter attacks whenever possible.
This means that Chelsea are playing against a team that directly negates their possession based and domineering football that attacks and defends with numerical advantage. And as such, Tuchel cannot afford to make his usual choice of players with the Everton game, to avoid mistakes that may lead to a defeat.
Everton are accurate with long balls, which mounts good pressure on center backs. Tuchel cannot afford to start a less physical center back like Andreas Christensen, due to the energy it will require to win aerial duels and mark an Everton forward that is getting on the end of a long ball.
Also, due to Everton’s relentless pressing nature, Tuchel’s starting eleven should not include slow paced or inaccurate players like Marcos Alonso and Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.