The 2022/2023 League Campaign will have a two weeks International break in the coming week, but before the break let’s take a look at some red card stats in all the European top 5 leagues since the beginning of the season.
Red cards have been part of the game of football for some years now, in fact, yellow and red cards were introduced at the 1970 FIFA World Cup in Mexico, and they have since become part and parcel of the game. Below, here are the lists of Red cards awarded in all of Europe’s top 5 leagues this season.
5. French Ligue 1.
The French Ligue 1 has recorded the highest number of red cards since the start of the new season. In just 8 matches played in the 2022-2023 season, the referee and VAR in the Ligue 1 have awarded 34 red cards for foul play.
4. Spanish La Liga.
The Spanish La Liga is the second highest league to have high red cards for the current football season. A record of 20 red cards has been awarded by the referee and VAR in the Spanish League in the first few matches of the season.
3. Italian Serie A.
The Italian Serie is the third highest on this list with 15 red cards awarded in the first 7 matches of the 2022-2023 campaign.
2. German Bundesliga.
The German Bundesliga has recorded only 12 red cards since the start of the 2022-2023 football season.
1. English Premier League.
The English Premier League has recorded the least number of red cards since the inception of the current campaign. The referee and VAR have only awarded 4 red cards for foul play in the English Premier League this season.
Why do you think Ligue 1 has the most red cards while the supposed toughest league in the world recorded just 4 red cards in the first 7 games into the new campaign?
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City