Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand has revealed his surprise at Manchester City’s decision to sell Raheem Sterling.
Ferdinand is also surprised that City fans didn’t question the transfer and doesn’t understand why more City fans weren’t upset with the transfer.
For Ferdinand, even Chelsea fans didn’t create much fanfare about the signing of such a quality player.
Ferdinand said: “He had the most minutes under Pep [Guardiola] since he’s been there, which shows the amount of influence he had at City.
“I was surprised there wasn’t as much, not anger, but disbelief from the City fans, and there wasn’t as much ‘yes we’ve got him’ at Chelsea.
“It was weird, it was one of those signings,” Ferdinand said.
“And the price – you think for the output that he’s had in his career at City alone, I was expecting more both ways.
“I don’t know why [it was like that]? If you ask every right-back in the league who their hardest player to play against at left-wing is, he’d be in everyone’s top two or three, easy, and top of most lists.
“It’s a big season for him and I think he’ll have a good opportunity to have a big impact.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation