Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand has revealed his surprise at Manchester City’s decision to sell Raheem Sterling.
Ferdinand is also surprised that City fans didn’t question the transfer and doesn’t understand why more City fans weren’t upset with the transfer.
For Ferdinand, even Chelsea fans didn’t create much fanfare about the signing of such a quality player.
Ferdinand said: “He had the most minutes under Pep [Guardiola] since he’s been there, which shows the amount of influence he had at City.
“I was surprised there wasn’t as much, not anger, but disbelief from the City fans, and there wasn’t as much ‘yes we’ve got him’ at Chelsea.
“It was weird, it was one of those signings,” Ferdinand said.
“And the price – you think for the output that he’s had in his career at City alone, I was expecting more both ways.
“I don’t know why [it was like that]? If you ask every right-back in the league who their hardest player to play against at left-wing is, he’d be in everyone’s top two or three, easy, and top of most lists.
“It’s a big season for him and I think he’ll have a good opportunity to have a big impact.
- Watch Arsenal vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #ARSTOT #EPL
- Reactions As Chelsea Shares Photos Of Their Training Session Ahead Of Crystal Palace Game
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.
- How Chelsea might line up against Crystal Palace as Graham Potter is looking forward to his 1st win.