Report: Chelsea handed injury worry ahead of the upcoming EPL Clash against Aston Villa
Graham Potter’s Chelsea could be without key defender, Reece James for the next league match against Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa this weekend.
Since the start of the 22/23 campaign, The England international has played a significant role for both Ex-Chelsea Boss, Thomas Tuchel & his replacement Graham Potter, starting 10 games of his 11 outings across all competitions.
He could have to spend some time on the treatment table after he was withdrawn from tuesday night’s UEFA Champions League match between the Blues & Italian Champions, AC Milan at the San Siro.
Prior to being replaced by Cesar Azpilicueta just after the interval, James had earlier fallen to the ground with what seemed to be a face injury in the first half. However, James afterwards went down again with a knee problem.
Following the 2-0 victory, questions concerning the player’s injury were met with optimism from Chelsea’s manager. The player will now undergo tests to figure out the issue
“We’re hoping Reece’s okay. It’s too soon to give you any more information than that since we won’t know until 24, 48 hours,” Potter said.
The highly-rated defender is currently in a race against time to get cleared for the Premier League match against Aston Villa, which will take place on Sunday at 3pm Nigerian time at Villa Park.
- See How The New TECNO Spark 10 Performs Against The Samsung A14
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design