James Becomes Highest-paid Chelsea Defender Ever
Chelsea right-back, Reece James, has put pen to paper on a six-year deal with the club.
The 22-year-old came through the Blues academy and is now an established England international.
His new contract is worth at least £250,000 per week, according to SportsMail.
The agreement, which has the option of an extra one, will make James the highest-paid defender in Chelsea’s history.
“I grew up supporting this club and I’ve been here since I was a six-year-old. I put pen to paper on a new deal because this is the club I want to be at.
“I’d like to say a special thanks to the fans, I am here to stay and we have a bright future ahead of us,” James said.
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.
- How Chelsea might line up against Crystal Palace as Graham Potter is looking forward to his 1st win.
- Graham Potter’s Chelsea’s XI next summer if Boehly issues go-ahead for four transfers.
- CRP vs Che: 4 Chelsea Players Ruled Out Of The Match Against Crystal Palace