James Becomes Highest-paid Chelsea Defender Ever
Chelsea right-back, Reece James, has put pen to paper on a six-year deal with the club.
The 22-year-old came through the Blues academy and is now an established England international.
His new contract is worth at least £250,000 per week, according to SportsMail.
The agreement, which has the option of an extra one, will make James the highest-paid defender in Chelsea’s history.
“I grew up supporting this club and I’ve been here since I was a six-year-old. I put pen to paper on a new deal because this is the club I want to be at.
“I’d like to say a special thanks to the fans, I am here to stay and we have a bright future ahead of us,” James said.
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City