Reactions As Picture Of Roughened New Naira Notes Just-Released By CBN Surfaces Online
As citizens continue to grapple with the new cash withdrawal policy imposed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), reactions have begun trailing a picture showing how people have begun to abuse the new Naira notes released Into circulation by the apex financial institution barely 24 hours ago.
Recall that on Thursday, December 15, 2022, the CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele announced that banks had been instructed to begin issuing the newly designed 1000, 500, and 200 Naira denominations in banking halls and through Automated Teller Machines (ATM) nationwide. The apex bank then went on to urge Nigerians not to abuse the notes, warning that anyone caught in the act would face the full wrath of the law.
Quite interestingly, less than one day after the new notes began circulating, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Lere Olayinka took to his verified Facebook page to share a picture of the 1000 and 200 naira currencies already roughened and dirtied by Nigerians.
As expected, the picture has sparked mixed reactions among Nigerians online as many trooped to the comments section to share their thoughts.
While some persons opined that people may have decided to test the originality of the notes hence roughening it up, others, however, accused ordinary Nigerians of failing to take responsibility in handling the country’s assets with care while still blaming their leaders for negligence. Some other users blamed the menace on widespread illiteracy.
See screenshots of some reactions below:
- See How The New TECNO Spark 10 Performs Against The Samsung A14
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design