Lionel Messi has been announced as a Paris Saint-Germain player after signing a two-year deal worth a staggering £35million a season.
The 34-year-old Argentina international landed at Le Bourget airport on Tuesday afternoon, August 10, and was greeted by thousands of PSG fans. Waving to his new supporters and wearing a Paris T-shirt, the superstar looked excited just two days after leaving Barcelona following 21 incredible years.
On Tuesday night, Messi put pen to paper on his Paris Saint-Germain contract after completing his medicals.
According to Mail Online, the deal will see Messi earn £1million a week and he will wear the number 30 shirt, his first Barcelona number.
A statement on PSG’s official Twitter account said: “Paris Saint-Germain is delighted to announce the signing of Leo Messi on a two-year contract with an option of a third year. The six-time Ballon d’Or winner is justifiably considered a legend of the game and a true inspiration for those of all ages inside and outside football.
“The signing of Leo reinforces Paris Saint-Germain’s aspirations as well as providing the club’s loyal fans with not only an exceptionally talented squad, but also moments of incredible football in the coming years.”
Upon competing his move, Messi said: ‘I am excited to begin a new chapter of my career at Paris Saint-Germain. Everything about the club matches my football ambitions. I know how talented the squad and the coaching staff are here. I am determined to help build something special for the club and the fans.’
- Observations Made After Graham Potter’s Chelsea Defeated Crystal Palace 2-1 Away
- Things Graham Potter did that helped Chelsea defeat Crystal Palace 2-1 today at Selhurst Park
- Connor Gallagher’s Message To Chelsea Fans After Scoring His First Chelsea Goal.
- Watch Inter Milan vs Roma Live Streaming Match #RomaInter #InterRoma #INTROM
- Why Graham Potter’s 3-5-2 Formation Against Crystal Palace Is A Dynamic Set-up