Senegal and Chelsea football club’s goalkeeper, Eduoard Mendy has revealed in an interview on Chelsea football club, that he was pushed into becoming a goalkeeper.
The Chelsea goalkeeper who emerged as the UEFA best goalkeeper after his brilliant performances and saves in both the premier league and UEFA champions league, disclosed that becoming a goalkeeper was never his desire in football career.
But he was kept on the goal post in his former club because he was tall and fast. His manager decided to be featuring him on the goal post believing that he (Mendy) will make a good goalkeeper because Mendy possesses the quality needed to be a great goalkeeper.
Mendy divulged that he had no choice than to develop interest and passion for the goalkeeping position which has really changed his life, his football career and has elevated him into becoming one of the best goalkeepers in the world today.
“When I was young, I don’t want to be a goalkeeper but it was the only place I could play because I was tall and yes, I was fast. So then they put me in the goal”, said Mendy
- Watch Newcastle vs Arsenal Live Streaming Match #NEWARS #PL
- Paulo Dybala has already revealed his dream transfer destination amid Arsenal links
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move