Senegal and Chelsea football club’s goalkeeper, Eduoard Mendy has revealed in an interview on Chelsea football club, that he was pushed into becoming a goalkeeper.
The Chelsea goalkeeper who emerged as the UEFA best goalkeeper after his brilliant performances and saves in both the premier league and UEFA champions league, disclosed that becoming a goalkeeper was never his desire in football career.
But he was kept on the goal post in his former club because he was tall and fast. His manager decided to be featuring him on the goal post believing that he (Mendy) will make a good goalkeeper because Mendy possesses the quality needed to be a great goalkeeper.
Mendy divulged that he had no choice than to develop interest and passion for the goalkeeping position which has really changed his life, his football career and has elevated him into becoming one of the best goalkeepers in the world today.
“When I was young, I don’t want to be a goalkeeper but it was the only place I could play because I was tall and yes, I was fast. So then they put me in the goal”, said Mendy
- Chelsea and Barcelona female footballers who could play for the Super Falcons
- Watch Arsenal vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #ARSTOT #EPL
- Reactions As Chelsea Shares Photos Of Their Training Session Ahead Of Crystal Palace Game
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.