Mendy reveals that he was pushed into becoming a goalkeeper.
Senegal and Chelsea football club’s goalkeeper, Eduoard Mendy has revealed in an interview on Chelsea football club, that he was pushed into becoming a goalkeeper.
The Chelsea goalkeeper who emerged as the UEFA best goalkeeper after his brilliant performances and saves in both the premier league and UEFA champions league, disclosed that becoming a goalkeeper was never his desire in football career.
But he was kept on the goal post in his former club because he was tall and fast. His manager decided to be featuring him on the goal post believing that he (Mendy) will make a good goalkeeper because Mendy possesses the quality needed to be a great goalkeeper.
Mendy divulged that he had no choice than to develop interest and passion for the goalkeeping position which has really changed his life, his football career and has elevated him into becoming one of the best goalkeepers in the world today.
“When I was young, I don’t want to be a goalkeeper but it was the only place I could play because I was tall and yes, I was fast. So then they put me in the goal”, said Mendy
- See How The New TECNO Spark 10 Performs Against The Samsung A14
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design