Major stats from Graham Potters great start to life as Chelsea new coach
Chelsea football club sacked Thomas Tuchel on Wednesday morning, September 7th, 2022 following a 1-0 defeat away to Dinamo Zagreb in the UEFA Champions. The Blues have won just three of their seven matches into the new season despite spending £278.4m in the June 2022 transfer market.
The Chelsea new owner officially replaced the German coach with Graham Potter on Sept. 9th, 2022 in a five-year deal worth about £50 million as the club’s owners put their faith in a rising star with fresh ideas to succeed Tuchel, who was sacked. In this article, Yankee_media we take a look at how the new Chelsea head coach has fared so far in his job at Stamford Bridge and 5 major stats from Potter’s start to a new life at Chelsea.
1. Defensively also Chelsea were massively poor under the former German manager, as they recorded just 1 clean sheet in 7 games and conceded 10 goals in the process. But, Graham Potter appears to have improved the backline as well with Chelsea keeping 3 clean sheets in a row.
2. Chelsea have been brilliant offensively so far under Potter and looks to be a much more attack-minded side. The team have scored 11 goals in five games, while under Tuchel they only managed eight goals in seven games.
3. Chelsea were bottom of the Champions League table when Thomas Tuchel was relieved of his duties at the club. However, fast forwarding after three games, the Blues sit on top of the group and are now the favorite to advance into the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League.
4. Another notable improvement is Mason’s form. The English man has improved after he seemed to be once struggling to even make it to the starting team, but now he has managed three open-play assists in his last 2 games.
5. Chelsea’s Summer signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang also looks to have settled under Potter with the striker scoring three goals in three consecutive games. He seems to have broken the Chelsea number 9 curse I think.
What do you think? Can Graham Potter take Chelsea back to its glory days?
- See How The New TECNO Spark 10 Performs Against The Samsung A14
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design