Chelsea football club have booked their spot in the quarter final of this season’s Emirates FA Cup, after coming from behind to defeat Luton Town FC 2-1 in the round of 16 of the competition on Wednesday night.
Coach Thomas Tuchel rested some players against their opponent, and they were able to secure a hard-fought victory over their host.
The likes of N’golo Kante, Edouard Mendy, Cesar Azpilicueta, Christian Pulisic, Mateo Kovacic and the likes were dropped to the bench, and Callum Hudson-Odoi, Saul Niguez, Romelu Lukaku, Timo Werner, and Malang Sarr were given starting roles.
The host opened scoring through Reece Burke in the 2nd minutes, and Saul Niguez equalized for the away team in the 27th minutes, before Harry Cornick scored another goal for the home team in the 40th minutes to end the first half 2-1.
Timo Werner equalized for the away team in the 68th minutes before Romelu Lukaku scored the winning goal in the 78th minutes to end the match 3-2.
Romelu Lukaku, Saul Niguez and Timo Werner were exceptional in the game, and they were able to play vital roles in the team’s hard-fought victory.
The 3-2 victory over Luton Town football club has now taken Chelsea FC to the quarter final of this season’s Emirates FA Cup
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.
- How Chelsea might line up against Crystal Palace as Graham Potter is looking forward to his 1st win.
- Graham Potter’s Chelsea’s XI next summer if Boehly issues go-ahead for four transfers.
- CRP vs Che: 4 Chelsea Players Ruled Out Of The Match Against Crystal Palace