Lionel Messi has agreed to join Paris Saint-Germain on a two-year contract after leaving his boyhood club, Barcelona.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner, who had two other options after leaving Barcelona last week, has now decided to move to the French club in a deal worth £25m per year after tax. He will earn £500,000-per-week.
Messi was set to extend his 21-year stay at Barcelona by signing a new five-year deal this summer. But the Spanish club announced last Thursday that “financial and structural obstacles” meant the deal could not be completed, meaning Messi left as a free agent.
According to L’Equipe, and confirmed by Fabrizio Romano, Messi has agreed a move to the Parc des Princes and will be arriving in the French capital in the coming hours to complete the move.
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.
- How Chelsea might line up against Crystal Palace as Graham Potter is looking forward to his 1st win.
- Graham Potter’s Chelsea’s XI next summer if Boehly issues go-ahead for four transfers.
- CRP vs Che: 4 Chelsea Players Ruled Out Of The Match Against Crystal Palace