Lionel Messi has agreed to join Paris Saint-Germain on a two-year contract after leaving his boyhood club, Barcelona.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner, who had two other options after leaving Barcelona last week, has now decided to move to the French club in a deal worth £25m per year after tax. He will earn £500,000-per-week.
Messi was set to extend his 21-year stay at Barcelona by signing a new five-year deal this summer. But the Spanish club announced last Thursday that “financial and structural obstacles” meant the deal could not be completed, meaning Messi left as a free agent.
According to L’Equipe, and confirmed by Fabrizio Romano, Messi has agreed a move to the Parc des Princes and will be arriving in the French capital in the coming hours to complete the move.
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City