Frank Lampard is out of the running to replace Daniel Farke as the new Norwich manager, according to Sky Sports.
Lampard held good conversations with the Premier League side, who were impressed by him, but they will not go any further.
This leaves former Aston Villa head coach, Dean Smith, as the leading candidate for the job at Carrow Road.
Smith, who was sacked by Villa on Sunday, was also said to have impressed Norwich during his interview on Thursday.
The 50-year-old is believed to have shown an in-depth knowledge of Norwich’s squad and playing style, as well as an understanding of the culture at the club.
Smith is now regarded by the club’s hierarchy as a good fit for the Canaries.
He also has plenty of experience of the Premier League and Championship from his time in charge of Villa and Brentford.
However, Smith has not yet decided whether he would like to take the job if offered it
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker