Graham Potter names a controversial starting lineup for his first game as Chelsea Boss. Before the International break, Chelsea played against Red Bull Salzburg at Stamford Bridge in a game that was Graham Potter’s first game in charge.
The Former Brighton and Hove Albion Manager named a Back-four consisting Marc Cucurella and Reece James in the fullback positions while Cesar Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva started as Central-backs. Trevoh Chalobah, Wesley Fofana and Kalidou Koulibaly were all the Benched while a Right-back started as a Central-back.
According to Metro UK, Summer Signing Kalidou Koulibaly understands Graham Potter’s Decision to drop him in that game and he’s willing to wait for his time when he’ll finally get into the starting lineup of the Blues.
The 31-year-old, who’s currently on the international duty with the Teranga Lions of Senegal said: “The new coach came with some good ideas. He’s a real coach. He did some good things with Brighton. Now he is a Chelsea manager. He has guidelines, expectations. It’s up to me to be patient, it’s up to me to show that I deserve to play, to show in training that the coach can trust me.”
“Compared to this, there will be no problem. We are also in the first weeks, it is normal for the coach to rely on players who are used to the emblem of Chelsea and who have been there for a very long time
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City