Jorginho rejects new Chelsea deals as he makes key demand
The latest contract offer from Chelsea was rejected by Jorginho, who is now asking for a pay raise of almost 25%.
The Italian’s contract expires at the end of the current campaign, and Barcelona, Juventus, and AC Milan are all interested in signing him.
The midfielder declined a transfer to Manchester City in favor of joining the team in a £52 million deal from Napoli in 2018.
The 30-year-old vice captain of Stamford Bridge has improved after a rocky beginning to become a fan favorite.
Although Chelsea wants to keep the Italian, the midfielder has simply been given a contract renewal, thus his pay will remain the same.
According to the Evening Standard, the Italian wants a better contract similar to the one just signed by Cesar Azpilicueta because the terms offered are insufficient.
Jorginho’s desired salary is roughly £150,000 per week, which the Spaniard received in exchange for better terms.
Before January 1st, when Jorginho will be free to sign pre-contract agreements with international clubs, Chelsea wants to sign him.
N’Golo Kante, who is in a comparable circumstance to the Italian, is featured in it.
The Frenchman rejected Chelsea’s final offer because he wanted a three-year contract instead of the two-year one the club was prepared to give him.
Chelsea, on the other hand, wants the 30-year-old to take that into consideration as they are worried about Kante’s injury issues.
- See How The New TECNO Spark 10 Performs Against The Samsung A14
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design