Chelsea New Number 9 Pierre Emerick Aubameyang has scored in consecutive appearances for Chelsea this season after scoring his first UCL goal for the Blues against AC Milan on Wednesday evening. The Gabonese Forward scored in the EPL last weekend against Crystal Palace and he’s now scored in the UCL against AC Milan.
Aubameyang defied all odds when he decided to return to the Premier League last summer and he even went further with his courage after taking the shirt number 9. None of the Players that have worn the shirt number 9 in recent times at Chelsea has been great at the club, and Players steered clear From the jersey number this season but not Aubameyang.
After scoring his UCL goal for Chelsea against AC Milan, he talked about the curse on Chelsea’s shirt number 9. He said: “I don’t know, I don’t listen to these kind of things. I love the number 9 so I took it. I’m happy with that and hopefully I can score more goals.”
Some Chelsea Fans on the social media platforms have even declared an end to the curse on shirt number 9 but in my opinion, I think it’s too soon to jump to such conclusion.
Aubameyang has scored just 2 goals in his first 4 appearances for Chelsea across all competitions and this made some people to think that everything is back to normal. Romelu Lukaku scored 3 goals in his first 3 EPL appearances for Chelsea last season. He scored a goal against Arsenal on his Chelsea debut and scored a brace on his third EPL appearance for the Blues against Aston Villa.
Romelu Lukaku had a greater start at Chelsea than Aubameyang and it still ended badly for the Belgium International. We can’t really tell if Aubameyang will surpass Romelu Lukaku at Chelsea.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation