Chelsea’s offer of £85m plus Marcos Alonso for Romelu Lukaku has been turned down by Italian champions, Inter Milan.
The offer came after Chelsea were warned it would take an offer of more than €100m (£85m) to tempt Milan to sell Lukaku.
After finishing in UEFA’s official team of Euro 2020, he went on holiday to the Caribbean and the USA, where he stuck rigidly to his personal training programme. Reports say he is happy at the club but won’t mind going back to Chelsea where he played just 15 games before leaving in 2014 to Everton.
Chelsea are determined to sign a world-class striker and their other main target this summer has been Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland.
Lukaku previously spent three years at Chelsea after signing from Anderlecht as a teenager in 2011.
However, he made only 15 appearances for the club – failing to score a goal – before moving to Everton for £28m in July 2014.
He was close to a return in July 2017 but opted to join Manchester United for £75m.
Inter signed him from United for £73m two years ago.
- Watch Newcastle vs Arsenal Live Streaming Match #NEWARS #PL
- Paulo Dybala has already revealed his dream transfer destination amid Arsenal links
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move