According to ESPN, Lionel Messi’s imminent move to Paris Saint-Germain, could impact the futures of Kylian Mbappe and Manchester United’s Paul Pogba.
The Ligue 1 giants contacted Messi on Thursday, following the shock announcement from Barcelona that he would not be signing a new deal with them.
PSG sporting Director, Leonardo and chairman, Nasser al Khelaifi have been locked in negotiations with Messi’s father, Jorge.
Messi,joining PSG would increase the likelihood of Mbappe signing a new long-term deal with the club. The 22-year-old is into the final year of his current contract.
This would damage Real Madrid’s hopes of signing Mbappe on a free transfer next summer.
The 34-year-old’s arrival in France, would also mean PSG has end their interest in signing Manchester United midfielder, Pogba, which means he would run down his contract at the Premier League side before becoming a free agent next summer.
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker
- 6 Players That Could Leave Chelsea After Romelu Lukaku’s £8m Loan Move To Inter