Romelu Lukaku made a ‘blatant foul’ on Neal Maupay to put Chelsea 1-0 up against Brighton & Hove Albion, according to a number of fans on social media
Lukaku brushed aside Maupay to nod the Blues in front in the 28th minute, in what is being viewed as the first big moment of controversy in the match at Stamford Bridge.
The Belgian appeared to use his elbow to shrug off the diminutive Frenchman, and a debate is circling as to whether the goal should have been disallowed or not.
But following a VAR review, the goal stood and determined that the impact made did not constitute as a foul.
However, another valid point also being made is that why is someone like Maupay, standing at 5ft 7in tall marking Lukaku, who stands at 6ft 2in?
It was clearly a mismatch on paper and poor defending from Brighton, who have otherwise held their own against Thomas Tuchel’s side.
The goal was enough to send the west Londoners in at half-time with a slender lead, as the hosts look to cut the lead between themselves and Manchester City to four points.
But this contest is far from over yet, and Brighton will still feel confident of grabbing a goal themselves, with Adam Lallana coming close to an equaliser late on in the half.
- Watch AC Milan vs Udinese Live Streaming Match #MilanUdinese 2-1 #SempreMilan
- Watch Brentford vs Manchester United Live Streaming Match #BREMUN #PL
- Watch Arsenal vs Leicester City Live Streaming Match #ARSLEI #PL
- Watch Manchester City vs Bournemouth Live Streaming Match #MCIBOU #PL
- Watch Aston Villa vs Everton Live Streaming Match #AVLEVE