Chelsea will face London rivals Tottenham in their second match of the season. The Blues secured all three points in their first game against Everton at the Goodison park last weekend with Jorginho scoring the only goal of the game.
The London derby between Spurs and Chelsea is scheduled for Sunday with two Blues stars missing the game.
Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic has been confirmed by the club’s manager Thomas Tuchel to miss the game due to knee injury. Another player who is ruled out of the encounter is Spanish defender Marcos Alonso.
Alonso didn’t train with his other teammates ahead of the tie due to the ongoing transfer discussion between Chelsea and Barcelona. The Spanish defender is set to join Barcelona with Tuchel also confirming that he missed training.
Marc Cucurella has been signed as a replacement for the Spaniard and he could be in contention for the starting XI on Sunday against Spurs.
- Chelsea and Barcelona female footballers who could play for the Super Falcons
- Watch Arsenal vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #ARSTOT #EPL
- Reactions As Chelsea Shares Photos Of Their Training Session Ahead Of Crystal Palace Game
- Chelsea Have Won Just Two Of Their Last Six Games Across All Competitions
- Chelsea October’s Fixtures Include Game Against Manchester united and AC Milan.