Although, almost everyone predicted a straight win for Chelsea against Manchester United yesterday, but an encounter between two giant clubs like those two is always going to be a difficult match regardless of their respective form.
The 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge means Chelsea’s lead at the top of the Premier League table has been cut short to just 1 and 2 points between them and the second and third placed teams, Manchester City and Liverpool respectively.
As disappointed as Chelsea fans are, they should take confidence in the fact that their next 7 matches are very winnable considering the club’s form and quality.
They take on Watford on Wednesday, then a tough test at the London Stadium against Westham on Saturday. The London derby match is the only match that should give them problem.
After that, the next 5 matches are pretty easy fixtures on paper and Chelsea should be able to take all three points considering those are the type of games they’ve been winning this season.
If all things go as expected for Chelsea, they should be able to regain the gap between them and the two teams chasing them.
This is not saying that both Liverpool and Manchester City are going to be complacent in their charge for the EPL title, but when you look at their fixtures compared to Chelsea’s, they have the more difficult matches.
- World Cup Group E: What do Spain, Germany, Japan and Costa Rica Need to qualify
- QATAR 2022: African teams and their chances of qualification to the next round.
- The 4 Most Expensive Club Sales In Football
- 5 Portuguese Players who will Help Cristiano Ronaldo Win the 2022 World Cup Trophy
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 8