EPL Pays Chelsea £145.6million For The Matches They Played Live On TV Last Season
Chelsea spent about £270million during the last summer transfer window. The West London club signed numerous Players to bolster their squad and broke the British record for the highest amount of money spent in a single summer transfer window.
Chelsea were able to downsize their squad last summer but the Blues didn’t make money on Players transfer compared to what they spent.
The permanent transfer of Timo Werner and Billy Gilmour to Rb Leipzig and Brighton respectively, were the highest sale that the Blues made last summer while they also get a sizeable fee from the temporary transfer of Romelu Lukaku to Inter Milan.
While Chelsea couldn’t make enough money on Player transfer, the West London club was able to bank a huge amount of money in TV rights. The Premier League reportedly paid Chelsea £145.6million for their League matches that was televised live on television network last season, as per Swiss Ramble and Talk Chelsea.
The TV rights payment for each club is based on the number of viewers and the number of matches that were televised across the season. Out of the 38 League matches that the Blues played last season, only 24 of them were televised and the Blues have been paid for it.
- See How The New TECNO Spark 10 Performs Against The Samsung A14
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design